West Netherton Street,
Admin Assistant (Scotland)
As one of the UK’s recognised leading land survey organisations with over 30 years trading history we have been successfully winning new contracts throughout Scotland and the UK.
We are looking to expand our office & support staff with the addition of an Administration Assistant, primarily for our Head Office in Kilmarnock.
You would be joining a company with a top management team with a wealth of experience and a fantastic team of colleagues.
The post holder will provide administrative assistance to the company's Office Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to, (after initial training) being trained to reception duties, filing, letter/quotation composition, use database software and other admin processing packages, Quality and Health & Safety audit support, checking and maintaining consumables stocks, filing, general office duties.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the main duties & responsibilities include:
- Assist the Office Manager and Commercial Accounts Manager, and in all admin functions.
- Support the Office Manager, Commercial Accounts Manager in the achievement of specific key business objectives. Particularly with respect to any QA and H&S administrative functions.
- Deal with incoming queries from clients by telephone and email.
- Organise travel and accommodation arrangements for transit staff.
- Assist Commercial Accounts Manager to help ensure accounts payable and accounts receiving are up to date.
- Assist Office Manager as point of contact with external suppliers like consumables, sub-contractors, insurance company claims etc.
- Assist with HR tasks.
- Use a dedicated database to record incoming enquiries and jobs.
- Aid Commercial team with quotations and tenders.
- Provide backup support to the field surveyors for the successful execution of the survey works which will contribute to maintaining high standards.
- Assist with payroll and annual leave recording.
This job involves working between two sites; one in Kilmarnock and the other near Ayr. Your own transport is essential, due to location.
Salary is above industry average and will depend on experience, which will be discussed at interview.
This is a full-time role, with typical office hours from Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your details and C.V. here